Wow – 3 months of not writing. As can occasionally happen, life gets in the way of blogging. Now that I’m back to
not having a life my routine, I can get back to writing.
Firstly, I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a fantastic New Year. I, for one, could not wait until 2011 was over. While there have been some highlights, the majority of it has been craptastic.
To fill you in on what I’ve been up to, I’m going to take a leaf out of my BFF’s page (let’s call her Vegetarian Girl), and give it to you in point form.
- Since the banks wouldn’t lend us money and we refuse to kick our tenants out of our townhouse, we’ve moved back in with my parents temporarily.
- It’s been two months and I still haven’t unpacked all my junk. I ask myself every time I look at the boxes how one person can accumulate so much crap.
- I’ve realised since moving back in with my parents is that I have waaay more patience now than I did when I was 25.
- The Meatball has finished kindy *sob*. A proud moment for us was reading in his report card that he reads at a Year 2 level *happydance*. A downside is that I can no longer skip pages when we read a fairly lengthy book of an evening. OR make up my own story.
- I’ve given up my office that I’ve had for a year and that I only used properly since around August. Now I can put the rent money for the office to
shopping for mesaving for a deposit on a house.
- Fruitman has changed jobs. He’s still in the fruit business but instead of working in a fruitshop, he’s now delivering fruit. We’re still well supplied with apples, tomatoes and his boss gave him a box of cherries and a heap of other fruit as a Christmas present. I love the perks of his job!
- The Meatball got absolutely spoiled this Christmas. Mario products galore. Nintendo and its product licensees would have paid for an employees salary for a year with the amount of
shit craptoys that the Meatball got.
- I’ve realised that I’m prone to exaggeration
I’m sure there’s more, but that’s for another post.
Happy 2012 everybody!